White bean & Veggie Pasta with Pumpkin Passata SauceJuly 20, 2017
|Serves: 2 servings|
Mike and I both think this pasta sauce kind of reminds us of (a more refined) tinned spaghetti! That might sound unappealing to some people, but I know me and my friends used to love tinned spaghetti! This was a complete accident, I was looking to make a more creamy, interesting Napolentana sauce and had some delicious pumpkin on hand. If tinned spaghetti is not your thing, I still recommend giving this a go as the beans, veggies and herbs make a wonderful, tasty and textural sensation that I know you will love!!!
For: 2 servings
- 400g organic, 100% pure canned tomatoess
- 1/4 butternut pumpkin sliced, skin off
- 1 brown onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tsp Herbamare and/or salt and pepper
- 1/2-2/3 cup filtered water
- 400g can organic butter beans drained and rinsed thoroughly
- 2 cups spinach fresh
- 1 cup button mushrooms whole or quarted, depending on size
- 1/3 cup parsley and basil chopped
- 180g dry gluten-free pasta I like this brand
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper and arrange pumpkin in a single layer.
- After 20 minutes, add in the whole garlic cloves and sliced onion. Bake for a further 20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta as per instruction on package.
- Prepare your vegetables as desired (chopped or keep whole), drain and rinse beanse.
- Heat up a large pan on the stove, with 1/2 tsp coconut/olive oil. Throw in the mushrooms first, allowing to saute for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Next throw in the spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat.
- Once vegetables are roasted, place them in the blender with the canned tomato, water and seasoning. Blend until smooth or slightly chunky, your preference. Add more water if desired.
- In a small sauce pan, gently heat up the pasta sauce over low-medium heat for approx 5 mins, or until warm.
- To prepare, place your pasta on a platter or individual bowls first.
- Next, Pour the pasta sauce on top.
- Scatter with the butter beans, followed by the mushroom spinach mix.
- Finally, decorate with the fresh herbs. Serve hot!