Whole baked cauliflower on a bed of beetroot hummus, sprinkled with Parsley and Crispy chickpeas!! This is one helluva meal! Enjoy as is or pair with some quinoa. Seriously easy recipe, and so healthy because it truly makes veggies the star of the show!
For: 4 servings
- 1 medium cauliflower trimmed and washed
- 400g organic chickpeas canned, no preservatives
- 1/2 bunch continental parsley chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup beetroot hummus quality store-bought brand or make your own here!
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Coconut Vinegar
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 C, fan-forced.
- Trim leaves and wash cauliflower. Place it on a lined baking tray.
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 tbsp olive oil with 1 tbsp coconut vinegar.
- Use a brush to brush the cauliflower head with this mixture, until finished. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- On a separate lined tray, scatter chickpeas and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place both in the oven. Roast the chickpeas for 25 mins, and the Cauliflower for a total of 70-75 mins (it should be lightly browned and fragrant).
- When removing chickpeas, allow them to cool for remainder of cooking time.
- To assemble, lather the beetroot hummus onto the serving dish, then position the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with the crispy chickpeas and chopped fresh parsley. Serve with a wedge of lemon.