This was a hit at my recent engagement party so I had to share it with everyone 🙂 I made a much bigger batch – almost 5 times this amount! Needless to say, I am loving the leftovers! It’s a great change-up from hummus and a gorgeous colour to brighten up any snack-table, dollop on top of a salad, spread onto toast or crackers for lunch, or serve as a side condiment to any main. Enjoy!
- 5 carrotss roasted
- 1 cup raw almonds soaked overnight, rinsed
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp za'atar spice
- 1 lemon juice only
- 3 cloves garlic roasted
- 1 tsp sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- Preheat your oven to 180 C.
- Slice your carrots in half, peel your garlic, scatter on a lined baking tray.
- When the oven is ready, roast for 30-40 minutes, removing the garlic after 20 minutes and setting aside.
- When carrots are ready, throw all ingredients into your food processor and process together until smooth. Keep adding more water if required, until desired consistency is reached.
- Scoop out with a spatula and spoon into a jar or storage container.
- Cool/store in fridge before serving.