It’s Sunday! So let me help you come up with some healthy lunch box ideas for you and your family. Work/school lunches shouldn’t be boring, and they most certainly don’t need to be bought. So often we buy our lunches or turn to the over-processed nutritionally empty packaged options because we are out of ideas. So please, let me do the thinking for you!
I know what some of you might be thinking – if it isn’t “I don’t know what to eat”, it’s that it requires a lot of time. It’s true, healthy living does require some preparation. But what can be more valuable than time spent toward good health? Your health is in your hands. Make better choices for better health!
I am so passionate about clean eating on-the-go. Food prep is my number one tip for a healthy week… Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. I believe nutritious food is more delicious than the processed junk, is clearly better for us, and what’s more, it really doesn’t need to be complicated. Make a big batch of something and dish it out throughout the week. Choose a few options and repeat!
Below are perfectly good meal options to include in your diet. Mix and swap vegetables as much as you can for nutrient variety and you are set for a week of vibrant energy! Whether it’s an on-the-go breakfast, a packed lunch for you or your children, a mid-morning or afternoon snack, I have you covered!
- Bircher muesli/overnight oats
- 2 x small Spiced Coconut muffins
- Fruit salad with coconut yoghurt mixed with stevia to sweeten, 1 tbsp mixed seeds, 1 tbsp coconut flakes, 1 tbsp nuts, cinnamon and optional tahini/almond butter drizzle.
- Chia pudding
- Baked/regular beans with ¼ avocado and brown rice/quinoa (add greens to be extra kind to your body!)
- Make a smoothie on the go. See lots of options here.
- Two slices of Fennel Sunshine Loaf OR Buzzin Breakfast Loaf.
- 2 Breakfast Cookies.
- Homemade sushi using brown rice or quinoa, veg, avocado, tempeh/tofu. I also like to add kim chi and tahini!
- Mountain bread/gluten free wraps with salad, avocado/hummus/pesto & lentils/beans.
- Lentil Bolognese with konjac/zucchini noodles.
- Bean Burgers with salad and a tahini vinaigrette.
- Super Salad – 2-3 cups leafy greens and salad veg with 1/2 cup beans, 1/4 avocado and optional 1/2 cup sweet potato or quinoa. Homemade salad dressings.
- Tempeh/Tofu poke with green salad, or in a wrap.
- Mung bean pasta with pesto, sautéed veg.
- Quinoa, Black Bean, and Corn salad – keeps well!
- Rosemary & Sea Salt Seed Crackers with 2-3 tbsp hummus, pesto or avocado.
- Coconut yoghurt with stevia and cinnamon, small handful nuts and seeds, and 1/4 cup blueberries.
- Shredded carrots drizzled with 1 tbsp tahini, 1 tsp maple syrup, cinnamon + 4-5 walnuts, crushed.
- 2 x Bliss Balls
- Chopped veg – raw zucchini, cucumber, capsicum, celery, carrot – with Cashew Coconut Pesto.
- Raw trail mix – my favourite combo is raw almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, 1-2 chopped dates + tbsp goji berries.
- Handful of homemade granola
- 1 x Choc banana muffin
- Sliced apple with cinnamon and nut butter of choice (or small handful nuts)
- Kale Chips with Tahini Cumin Dipping Sauce
- Nori sheets wrapped around vegetable sticks, avocado and tahini + Kim chi.